In analytics go to Audience, Technology, Browser & OS. How many visits do you get from Internet Explorer, if it is next to nothing, then you have found out why there is a difference between Facebook ad clicks and the visits that Analytics reports. What you need to solve it is a Platform for Privacy Preferences – P3P.
- Find a P3P generator – I used this one http://pics.enc.or.jp/privacy/tools/p3pwiz/p3p_en.html
- Fill out everything marked with red – and Under Data structure you paste in this
- Make two documents in notes – p3p.xml and policy.xml
- In p3p.xml – copy and paste the result from the generator. The P3P Policy (XML) into policy.xml, and copy and paste PRF (XML) into p3p.xml – make sure the link looks like this <POLICY-REF about=”https://www.example.com/w3c/policy1.xml#policy1″>
- In your index.php file, where you have the analytics code you need to ad this line as the very first line header(‘P3P: policyref=”https://www.example.com/w3c/p3p.xml”, CP=”COPY AND PATE THE COMPACT POLICY FROM THE GENERATOR “\r\n\r\n”‘);
- Ad this to the html header – <Link REL=”P3Pv1″ href=”https://www.example.com/w3c/p3p.xml”;>
- Upload p3p.xml and policy.xml to
- P3P reference file: https://www.example.com/w3c/p3p.xml
- Full P3P policy: https://www.example.com/w3c/policy.xml
Is there an easier way -if you find it let me know :) If this helped you, then please give me a facebook like, a G+ or a tweet – thanks.